Monday, July 28

Jumping out of a Fat-Guy Airplane

Here's the background.

I'm huge. I've been gradually been getting huger since high school and have been in denial but I can't just keep graduating to new pants sizes. Not cool.

2 weeks ago Amber found this thing called Survivor Boot Camp. Someone on one of her forums was raving about it. It's a 4 week intensive fitness training course supposed to kick your butt into shape. I decided to spend some of our savings and go for it.

This idea was scary. Terrifyingly exciting. I think the phrase I used that night was "like jumping out of a fat guy airplane." We found a 10 day meal plan that was on the website and bought a bunch of groceries.

July 18: 241 lbs and scared

It was 10 days before Boot Camp started and I tried the menu and found out that I snack all day. When I was conscious of what I was eating I saw my hand reaching for candy or cookies or other not-healthy choices. Some of the food was good. I love turkey bacon and egg-white omelettes are much better than I expected. The smoothies with protein powder are wonderful. I love trying new fruit combinations.

However, I tried cottage cheese and while it wasn't as bad as I remember, I couldn't eat it like 5 times a week the way it was suggesting. So, after Day 4 of the "menu" (I refused to call it a diet), I decided to go it alone and just drink lots of water, limit my sugar (oh slurpees how I miss you) and keep having the protein shake each day to curb my appetite.

Today was the first day of boot camp and I'll write about it in another entry but for the results of the experiment:

July 28: 235 lbs and shocked


I lost 6 pounds in 10 days. But before I get all proud of myself, let's see how the first day of training went. :(

No comments: