Tuesday, December 12

Christmas Stuff

Welcome to the Christmas edition of getting to know your friends. Okay, here's what you're supposed to do, and try not to be a SCROOGE!!! Just copy this entire post and paste into your own blog. Change all the answers so that they apply to you. 'Tis the Season to be NICE!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Bag it. When we were kids we used to have reusable cloth bags that our Mom and Dad gifts always came in.

2. Real tree or artificial? Remote-controlled fake

3. When do you put up the tree? Used to be Dec 11 but we've been pushing it back closer to the 1st the last few years.

4. When do you take the tree down? New Years Day

5. Do you like eggnog? Mmmmmm... love it. Almost as good as hamnog.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A magic kit when I was 5.

7. Do you have a nativity scene? A Veggie Tales Set that is missing the manger because the boys keep playing with it. So now Baby Jesus has to sleep on the dirt.

8. Hardest person to buy for? No one. Amber did all the hard ones this year.

9. Easiest person to buy for? Amber. We bought a laptop and that was supposed to be for birthdays and Christmas and anniversary. But now she's bought me stuff so maybe I'll have to take the laptop back and get her Subway gift certificates.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Hmmmm... who reads this? A $50 cheese tray from work when I was expecting a cheque.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Amber is a crafty scrapbooker / card maker, so as much as I would love to do email, it'll be mail - hopefully this week.

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. That was my first date by myself with a girl. Well with like 6 "couples" from our class.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Like I said, I'm so glad I'm married to a Christmas-lover. She takes care of most of it and I can be as Humbug as I want.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Not that I remember.

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Christmas party 1994, a girl brought these little tart-sized cherry cheesecakes. I knew then that I'd have to marry her.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Our remote lets us turn on either the white, colored, or both. I love my treemote.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Sleigh Ride - the instrumental with the trumpet/horse at the end.

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Home. Winter driving is no fun.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeers? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Dunder, and Blixem. And Rudolph and Olive.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Angel

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? One on Christmas Eve and the rest Christmas morning.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? Yuletide. And X-mas. All the plastic, glittery, capitalistic nonsense that distracts from Christmas. I'm still trying to figure out how to separate Nativity from Happy Holidays.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't buy me anything! I just thought the boys should get their daddy something for Christmas. And good job hiding it I did...I thought I'd do better having it delivered to my house so you didn't have to take me shopping for your gift, and then it comes to the door, which you answer, with the receipt (listing contents and prices!) right on the outside. Sheesh. Should I even bother with the wrapping?? :P